A connection to the device kept on losing with the Range extender Ex2700. This problem has been mostly faced by users who use Netgear range extender. If you are getting the same problem with your Ex2700, then nothing to worry just follow the steps to update the firmware version of your device. Updating the device will fix this problem up to some extent.
Steps to update the firmware version:
- Connect the Netgear Ex2700 Setup to the live power supply and to the power adapter by connecting it to the respective point.
- Check the distance between the router and the range extender. The client device must be connected to the range extender that is connected to the right network.
- Open user interface of your extender by opening www.mywifiext.net page. This is default URL address for any Netgear product. You can open this page and check the settings of your EX2700 as well.
- If you are prompted to enter the username and password, then enter email in username field and password in the password field. The default username and password are ‘Admin’ and ‘Password’. If this doesn’t work, then try entering a new username which you have configured recently.
- Check the version of firmware installed in the Netgear range extender. If you are already using the latest version, then no need to download it again. If you find the latest version, then install and replace the existing one.
- Usually, you will find the alert on the Extender screen for any update if available. From here, you can directly go to ‘Update’ page and install the latest version.
- Go to ‘Device’ update page and tap ‘Check’. It will hardly take a few seconds to check for update. Click ‘Proceed’ to move further.
- If you have recently purchased your range extender, then there are chances that you are using the latest version of the firmware. The figure on the screen will display ‘What to do next’.
- After the successful completion of the update, you need to reset the Ex2700 by pressing the reset button with the help of a paper clip. Wait till the extender get booted. Restart your extender by turning on the power supply and wait till the green light gets stable.
- Connect the client device to the Ex2700 either through wired or wirelessly. For a wired connection, you need an Ethernet cable with the proper length.
- Reconfigure the extender on the device by using the instructions available on the screen. You can open the setup page online from your web browser and follow the instructions accordingly. The steps are otherwise quite simple.