Sometimes if you notice your Netgear range extender is not working as per intended, then there is nothing to worry. You can bring it to default settings by just restoring it from ‘Settings’.
By using ‘Backup settings, you can create a backup of all files stored in your Wi-Fi extender settings. The backup file is important for the user as it contains all the necessary information like configuration settings, Wi-Fi settings, Password, and Access schedule. You can even note it at somewhere else but maintaining backup is necessary so that if anything happens or you reset the range extender, then you can easily configure the same settings on your own.
When you reset the extender to factory default settings, then the backup files stored in the computer or the laptop will be used to restore or create the settings. We want to mention here that if you reset the extender, then all the default settings will get deleted and you have to configure the extender again on the network.
How to save settings?
The steps to save settings are mentioned below:
- From the web browser of your computer, open Netgear genie by entering the address in the URL address space. Enter mywifiext.net in the address bar.
- When prompted to enter the username or password for the same, enter your email address and password that you have used earlier to setup extender. The same password and username should be entered. The steps to configure or set up the range extender is simple and given on the website.
- From the left-hand side of the Netgear genie page, search for ‘Settings’ and click on it. Go to ‘Other’ from the settings menu and check for ‘Other settings’.
- Under ‘Other settings’ page, go to ‘Backup’ button and don’t forget to save all the settings of your range extender on the computer.
How to restore the settings?
The steps to restore the settings are:
- Go to ‘Backup filed’ stored in the computer and open restore settings. Go to ‘Other settings’ page and then search for ‘Restore’.
- Go to the location where you have created a backup file. Select the complete file.
- Tap ‘Restore’ button and this will start restoring the settings.
- If you are prompted to restore the settings, Click ‘yes’ to confirm.
- The extender will then upload the backup file.
- Reboot the extender once the file uploading process gets completed.
- Check if the settings are properly restored or not by connecting it to the nearby Wi-Fi devices. If you are successfully connected, then it means the settings are properly restored.