Connection problems and Netgear Extenders go hand in hand, so if you are dealing with an annoying connection problem in your Netgear extender WN2000RPTv2, then you will have to follow certain steps, which you can find in the post below. If the problem exists even after following the steps, then you will have to call out experts to resolve the issue.
Netgear has a large fleet of routers and extenders that are used by people from all around the world. Today, the Netgear Wi-Fi Extender in the discussion is Netgear Extender WN2000RPTv2. This Wi-Fi extender is similar to Netgear Ex2700 Extender so the following process is eligible for both extenders.
Extenders and problems go hand in hand, and this extender is no exception. If you were trying to establish a connection with the router to extend the wireless range of the router, but are not able to do so, then you will have to follow below-mentioned steps in order to make it happen.
- Use a sharp tool such as a pen or pencil to reset the extender. You will have to insert the pen/pencil into the reset hole for 35 seconds. Release the button after 35 seconds and restart the router.
- Connect the Netgear Extender to your PC using an Ethernet cable. Make sure the computer is not connected to the internet. You can also use your laptop, but turn off the Wi-Fi button.
- Launch your web browser and type ‘http://www.mywifiext.net/ to begin the smart wizard that will help you to set up your Netgear Extender in an organized way.
- You need to select the obvious options, and it may take some time to complete all the steps. You may also find the connection going wrong, so if that happens, you will have to refresh the page in order to continue the setup wizard.
- Your Wi-Fi Extender is going to detect all the available networks, so wait until it detects your network.
- Once you see your network on the list, you will have to enter the password of your network.
- Assign a name for your Netgear Extender and make sure that the option ‘Use the same security and pass-phrase as those for the existing network’ is checked. Once that is confirmed, click ‘continue’.
- Wait until the smart wizard establishes the connection. Once that happens, you will see a button named ‘I’ve connected to the extender network’ on the next screen. So, click that button and then, click the ‘finish’ button to complete the setup wizard.
- If you want to establish a wired connection, then you will have to open the web browser and check whether a website is opening or not. It is supposed to open.
- Now, you will have to check out the wireless connection for the same SSID, which you have set previously on the setup wizard of Netgear Extender. With that, you can access the internet.
If the extender doesn’t work after following above-mentioned steps, then you will have to change the ‘encryption type’ of the router. If you don’t know how to do it, then you can take help of Netgear extender help and support facility.