To know the right steps for installing Netgear EX2700 with Netgear Genie, you can refer to the steps that are given below. Netgear EX2700-N300 wireless range extender is among the most popular extenders that people like to use. The installation steps discussed below apply to the firmware version 220.127.116.11 and below. Therefore, if you are using Netgear EX2700-N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender and looking for installation steps, then here are those:
- Start with placing the extender and Wi-Fi router in the same room.
- Keep in mind that you have a working internet connection sourced from the router.
- Plug the Wi-Fi range extender into a power outlet and wait until the power LED becomes stable.
- It the extender doesn’t turn on, then press ‘on/off’ button given on the side panel of the Wi-Fi extender.
- Connect a PC or any wireless device that has an internet browser to the EX2700 Wi-Fi range extender.
- When using a wired connection, you need to connect an Ethernet cable on the LAN port of the extender and doing that will make LAN port LED blink.
- When using a wireless connection, you need to check the wireless network name, which should be something like this ‘Netgear_ext’. It will also be unsecured. So, connect to this network and see if the device link LED glows solid green or not.
- If it is, then you need to open the internet browser to go to Netgear Genie for the installation process.
Note: In case, you don’t see Netgear Genie while opening the browser, then you need to go to mywifiext.net or type 192.168.1.250. Doing this will open up a dialog box where you will be asked to enter a username and password, so enter ‘admin’ and ‘password’ in both fields respectively.
Note: Fix the http //192.168.l.254 not working issue.
You may see another window getting popped up with ‘Continue’ button, so click ‘Continue’ to run the setup.
- Wait until Netgear Genie scans your Wi-Fi network.
- You will see a list of available networks within the range of Wi-Fi range extender, so connect to the network that you’re familiar with and then, click ‘Continue’.
- Enter the password of the network followed by clicking ‘Continue’.
- The name of the wireless network will be ‘SSID’ by default suffixed by _EXT. You need to select ‘Use the same security & password that are activated on the existing network’.
Note: If you want, you can customize the SSID & password, as you are going to see a pop-up window appearing on the screen to inform you about keeping a different SSID for enhanced performance. Click ‘OK’ and then, uncheck the box corresponding to the option ‘Using the same security & password’ in order to change it as per your desire. Once done, click ‘Continue’.
- Now, the wireless settings for your extender have been changed, so you can connect to your network prior to clicking ‘Continue’.
- Once you’ve connected your devices with Wi-Fi capability to the new network, you need to click ‘Finish’ to complete the installation.
- Place the extender to your preferred location now, but keep in mind to place it in between the router and wireless devices to get the best signal.
In case, you come across any issue while performing these steps, then take help of Netgear EX2700 Setup and support facility.