The process of setting up an extender with an existing network can be tricky at times, especially when you don’t have information about the exact steps that need to be performed for the setup. If you have recently bought Netgear Extender Ex2700 and looking to set it up with your existing network, then make sure you follow the steps listed below.
- The setup process begins with connecting your WiFi Range Extender to the router with the help of an Ethernet cable. Or, you can press the ‘WPS’ button on your router and then on the extender to sync both devices.
- Now, connect your WiFi Range Extender to your computer with the help of an Ethernet cable because the rest of the process will be carried out on the computer only.
- You will have to go to mywifiext.net or mywifiext.local website in your web browser. The former one is for Windows computer whereas the latter is for Mac.
- Enter the login details to login to the web interface of your extender. The details are mentioned on your device only.
- Once you’re in, change the settings according to your requirements.
- Install Netgear Genie to configure your extender, setup parental controls and passwords for guests, etc.
Should you come across any issue, take the help of experts for setting up your extender in the right way. Contact us for more information related to Netgear Range Extender Setup