When Netgear Wi-Fi Extender EX2700 is not working properly, then the best thing to do is backup and restore it. If you don’t know how to back and restore EX2700, then you will get all the help you need in the sections below.
You can use ‘Backup settings’ in order to create a backup file of the current Wi-Fi extender settings. What that backup file will contain is the details of all the configuration settings of the extender such as password, Wi-Fi settings and access schedule etc. The file is going to be saved in your computer and can be used to restore the extender settings in case the extender has been reset to factory default settings.
Here is what you need to save the settings:
- Start with the opening ‘Netgear Genie’ of your Netgear EX2700 Wi-Fi range extender by making use of your internet browser. For that, you can type ‘www.mywifiext.net’ in the address bar.
- When asked for username and password, you need to enter your email along with the password that you have entered while setting up the extender for the first time.
- Now, you need to click the ‘Settings’ option that is given on the left side of the Netgear Genie page. After clicking ‘Settings’ option, you need to click ‘Other’, which is going to open the ‘Other Settings’ page.
- While being on the ‘Other Settings’ page, you need to click ‘Backup’ option and save all the current extender settings in your PC.
How to restore EX2700 extender settings?
- In order to restore the extender settings of your Netgear EX2700 Wi-Fi range extender from the backup file that is saved in your PC, you need to go to the same ‘Other Settings’ page followed by clicking ‘browse’ that is given under ‘Restore’ option.
- After that, you need to navigate to that location where you’ve saved the backup file. Select the file after that.
- Click ‘Restore’ button in order to restore the settings.
- You will be asked to confirm your decision to which, you need to click ‘Yes’ in the restore confirmation page.
- The extender will now upload the backup file followed by rebooting the EX2700 range extender.
That was the entire process of backing up and restoring Netgear EX2700 Wi-Fi range extender. It is true that there are a few steps for you to follow, but then, if you follow those steps in the same order, you will be able to complete the process in a successful manner. If you have any issue, you can always get in touch with Netgear Extender help and support providers.