Netgear is arguably the most popular name when it comes to networking devices. People all around the world use Netgear routers, extenders and modems. In all three-product categories, Netgear has fielded a number of products, but the one in discussion today is Netgear Wi-Fi Extender EX2700.
This particular extender is widely used in the US, and if you too are using this extender, then you will be interested in knowing the process of how to setup Netgear EX2700, then that is exactly what we will be discussing, so just keep reading the post till the end.
Netgear EX2700 Setup
With the advancement in technology, people have moved on from wired systems to wireless. A network router can be installed in the premises to create a network access point through which, you will be able to connect to it from within close proximity. The result of this is that you get secure and uninterrupted internet connectivity.
Having said that, there will be certain zones in the premises where the network strength will be either low or not present at all. Those zones are referred to as dead zones and it could be very annoying for you, especially when your favorite place to sit lies in one of that zone.
The problem can be fixed by installing a Wi-Fi range extender, which will boost up the signal strength and make it available in places where the signal was not available at all.
Netgear EX2700 is what you can install in the premise to improve the network strength so as to easily access the internet.
This Wi-Fi extender is advanced and reliable. It supports 2.4GHz Wi-Fi signal, plus you can easily use it, courtesy of the plug mount system. You need to configure the device in the right way in order to be able to use it to your advantage.
- To setup Netgear Ex2700, you need to plug the power cable connected to the device into the wall power outlet, but make sure the device remains in close proximity to the router. The internet connection needs to be active as you do it.
- Wait until the LED given on the side panel glows, or you can just press the power button once to turn it on.
- Now, you need to press & hold the WPS button for 2 seconds or until the LED starts to blink.
- Wait for 2 minutes and then, press WPS button on the router followed by waiting for router’s LED and extender’s LED to glow. This will signify that the connection between the two devices has been properly made.
- Now, you need to relocate the extender to a different position, which could be somewhere between the router and other Wi-Fi enabled devices.
- If the area is quite large, then you’ll be able to connect to the extender’s new SSID along with setting security details for the same.
With this, the Netgear Ex2700 setup concludes and now, you will be able to enjoy the internet in those dead zones as well.